Subject: How to encode being an I2C slave in DT?

From: [email-masked] (Andrey Danin)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:03:43 +0300

Hello Wolfram,

On 19.05.2015 9:16, Wolfram Sang wrote:
>
>>> I give in to the flag idea. I also noticed that we'd need another flag
>>> anyhow to mark 10 bit addresses. I am still thinking between using two
>>> address-cells in that case (clean seperation between address and flags)
>>> or to encode the flags as MSB in the current address (all busses will
>>> have same address-cells and child description, less code paths and no
>>> overhead in dtbs).
>>
>> Reading thru the thread, this seems good to me. I would go with adding
>> flags in the MSB of the reg cell rather than adding a cell.
>
> Thanks. I was leaning to the MSB idea, too, and am currently checking
> how the code would look like. Feels much better to do knowing that it is
> basically upstream compatible ;)
>
Did you have enough time to check this ?
(sorry for the noise, if I missed patch(es) in the ml)

Thanks.