Subject: [RFCv2 2/3] dts: zynq: Add devicetree entry for Xilinx Zynq reset controller.

From: [email-masked] (Michal Simek)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:44:38 +0200

On 07/28/2015 08:59 AM, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
> Le 28/07/2015 07:03, Moritz Fischer a ?crit :
>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> I agree we need to be careful with changing the bindings.
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Michal Simek <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Hi Moritz,
>>>
>>> On 07/25/2015 02:21 AM, Moritz Fischer wrote:
>>>> Signed-off-by: Moritz Fischer <[email-masked]>
>>>> ---
>>>>  arch/arm/boot/dts/zynq-7000.dtsi            | 43 ++++++++++++-
>>>
>>> This patch is nice in general but every change in binding should be
>>> discussed separately. There is also necessary to wire them up in the
>>> driver to do action. That's why I think that will be the best just to
>>> add the code to slcr and keep others untouched.
>>
>> Ok, just to clarify: You'd suggest to just add the rstc as child node
>> to the slcr,
>> and leave the other nodes untouched?
>>
>>>
>>> For example MACB/GEM is one example. Adding names to this node and
>>> extending driver to work properly with reset means that all others MACB
>>> users will be affected. Definitely this patch should be ACKed by Nicolas.
> 
> Actually, I don't know why a reset property should be added to the macb
> driver...

I expect resetting IP core can solve something. But as I said it is
questionable if IP should be reset when driver is probed. Definitely on
Zynq there is a support for it. I am not aware about any problem which
requires IP to be reset.

Thanks,
Michal