Subject: [PATCH v3] iio: adc: xilinx-xadc: Push interrupts into threaded context

From: [email-masked] (Lars-Peter Clausen)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:01:36 +0200

On 08/03/2015 10:18 PM, Xander Huff wrote:
> On 7/24/2015 7:38 AM, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't think this patch has been sufficiently tested against a
>> mainline kernel. The driver wont even probe the way it is right now.
>>
> Thanks for your responses. I'm not sure why it doesn't probe for you since I
> was able to do a fair amount of tests with it on our device.

genirq: Threaded irq requested with handler=NULL and !ONESHOT for irq 157
xadc: probe of f8007100.xadc failed with error -22

You can' request a threaded IRQ without having IRQF_ONESHOT set, since this
will effectively result in a IRQ storm.

> 
> I'll get to work on your suggestions and hopefully having a v4 out sometime
> next week.
>