Subject: [PATCH 2/3] nvmem: imx-ocotp: Add i.MX6 OCOTP driver

From: [email-masked] (Srinivas Kandagatla)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 10:11:23 +0100

On 07/08/15 08:46, Philipp Zabel wrote:
>>> Nobody. I had initially copied the code that actually senses the fuses,
>>> > >but since this happens during power-on reset anyway (all values are
>>> > >stored in shadow registers), I didn't see the point and dropped it for
>>> > >now.
>>> > >The shadow registers are clocked directly by the ungated ipg_root clock.
>> >
>> >So, are you planning to drop the clocks property from the bindings too?
> The gated clock input exists and is needed for the full functionality of
> the device (writing and re-sensing fuses).
Thanks for clarification.

--srini
  It should be in the device
> tree even if the linux driver doesn't implement writing.
>
> regards
> Philipp
>