Subject: [PATCH 00/16] deps: deterministic driver initialization order

From: [email-masked] (Alexander Holler)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 21:15:26 +0200

Am 27.08.2015 um 21:01 schrieb Alexander Holler:
> Am 26.08.2015 um 14:28 schrieb Alexander Holler:
>
>> The final 2 patches are fixes which should end up in mainline, regardless
>> if this feature is merged or not.
>
> Just in case your serial or MTD-NAND partitions don't work, the drivers
> drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_core.c and drivers/mtd/ofpart.c need the
> same trivial fix for their initcall level as found in the last two
> patches of my series. I'm not going to post these patches now until I've
> got some feedback for the other stuff.

And just in case, I also have an idea how to fix such dependencies for 
drivers without DT (by adding hard-wired dependencies directly to 
drivers). That would also be usable for ACPI and x86.

But one step after another. Based on my past experiences, I don't even 
think the stuff I've just posted will ever end up in the kernel.

> Regards,
> Alexander Holler