Subject: [PATCH v6 1/5] pwm: add the Berlin pwm controller driver

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 23:05:06 +0200

On 21.09.2015 10:09, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 08:13:48PM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>> On 17.09.2015 12:13, Antoine Tenart wrote:
>>> Add a PWM controller driver for the Marvell Berlin SoCs. This PWM
>>> controller has 4 channels.
>>>
>>> Signed-off-by: Antoine Tenart <[email-masked]>
>>> Acked-by: Sebastian Hesselbarth <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Thierry,
>>
>> if you are also fine with the driver, please let me know if you want
>> me to take the driver through berlin-tree or if you are taking it.
>>
>> I am taking the binding docs and dts changes anyway.
>
> Sorry but no. The binding documentation needs to go into the same tree
> as the driver because they need to be kept in sync. We can't have DT
> binding documentation go into platform trees if the driver implementing
> the binding hasn't been merged.

Ok, sometimes sub-maintainers do not want to care about the DT stuff,
so I offered to take them. I am very fine with keeping binding and
driver together.

Sebastian