Subject: [PATCH v6 2/3] arm64: Add IOMMU dma_ops

From: [email-masked] (Robin Murphy)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 17:34:49 +0100

On 14/10/15 14:35, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 08:13:59PM +0100, Robin Murphy wrote:
>> Taking some inspiration from the arch/arm code, implement the
>> arch-specific side of the DMA mapping ops using the new IOMMU-DMA layer.
>>
>> Since there is still work to do elsewhere to make DMA configuration happen
>> in a more appropriate order and properly support platform devices in the
>> IOMMU core, the device setup code unfortunately starts out carrying some
>> workarounds to ensure it works correctly in the current state of things.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>
>
> Sorry, I reviewed this patch before but forgot to ack it, so here it is:
>
> Acked-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>

Thanks! Although it turns out I'm at least partly to blame there - you 
did give a reviewed-by on v5, but I didn't add it here since I'd made 
significant changes - I should have checked and called that out, my bad.

> (and I'm fined for the arm64 patches here to go in via the iommu tree)
>
> I assume part of this patch will disappear at some point when the device
> probing order is sorted.

I'll be working on that for 4.5, indeed. Getting the initialisation 
order sorted out also stands in the way of converting 32-bit to the 
common ops, so it's very high up my priority list.

Robin.