Subject: [PATCH v13 5/5] uart: pl011: Add support to ZTE ZX296702 uart

From: [email-masked] (Andre Przywara)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:00:51 +0000

Hi Timur,

On 26/10/15 12:46, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Andre Przywara wrote:
>> I tried to refactor the driver lately to split up SBSA and PL011 support
>> and got something that compiles, though I wasn't fully satisfied and I
>> ran out of time. The refactor idea was to split driver runtime from
>> initialization, so the different probe and init functions can be moved
>> into separate files. There would be one stub file with all the core
>> driver logic (DMA, IRQ handling, buffer handling, communication
>> parameters setup) and one file for each subtype (PL011, SBSA, ZTE, you
>> name it).
>> If people are interested, I can try to clean this up and post it as an
>> RFC.
> 
> I am interested.  We need support for subtype 13, because our hardware
> only supports 32-bit access to all registers. 

Yeah, I was interested in that scenario too, because the SBSA spec
actually speaks of 32-bit registers and vendors may implement it
strictly as that. Still waiting for actual failure reports on this
before I wanted to push a fix, though.

> We have an internal patch
> that replaces all of the read/write routines with vendor function calls.
>  I would need to refactor our patch on top of yours.

But wouldn't Jun's patch address this more easily, because it wraps
every call already? TBH I found this change the most interesting.

I will prepare something this week.

Cheers,
Andre.