Subject: [PATCH v13 5/5] uart: pl011: Add support to ZTE ZX296702 uart

From: [email-masked] (Timur Tabi)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:31:07 -0500

On 10/26/2015 10:19 AM, Andre Przywara wrote:

>> We have an internal patch that I'm trying to upstream, but I need the
>> amba-pl011 driver to stabilize first.
>
> As mentioned earlier, this looks like the perfect opportunity now to get
> the change in (since I see it as a subset of Jun's series). "Waiting for
> stabilization" sounds a bit optimistic to me in a general Linux context ;-)

I will post it today.

>> We use ACPI bindings.  It's our ARM64 server-class SOC.  We use the ACPI
>> subtype 13 to identify it.
>
> Does "subtype 13" refer to the UUID field here? So instead of using UUID
> 0 you have some vendor specific field set in your ARMH0011 table? Is
> that "just made up" or specified somewhere so that there will be no
> other usage of that number later?

It's part of the ARMH0011 table.  There are already a couple subtypes, 
but a bunch more were added.  It's table 3 in this document: 
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=403551

Notice how the new subtype is already deprecated.  That's because it's 
technically a bug for hardware to require 32-bit accesses.