Subject: [PATCH v4 3/3] arm64/efi: isolate EFI stub from the kernel proper

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Linton)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:26:28 -0500

On 10/08/2015 02:02 PM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> Since arm64 does not use a builtin decompressor, the EFI stub is built
> into the kernel proper. So far, this has been working fine, but actually,
> since the stub is in fact a PE/COFF relocatable binary that is executed
> at an unknown offset in the 1:1 mapping provided by the UEFI firmware, we
> should not be seamlessly sharing code with the kernel proper, which is a
> position dependent executable linked at a high virtual offset.

This patch appears to be causing a build break

  STUBCPY drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/lib-sort.stub.o
0000000000000000 R_AARCH64_ABS64   __efistub___crc_sort
drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/lib-sort.stub.o: absolute symbol references 
not allowed in the EFI stub

__kcrctab_sort:
	.xword	__crc_sort
	.weak	__crc_sort
	.text

Which is the EXPORT_SYMBOL() in sort.c combined with !CONFIG_MODVERSIONS.