Subject: [PATCH] ARM64: juno: add NOR flash to device tree

From: [email-masked] (Sudeep Holla)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:01:29 +0000

On 27/10/15 11:55, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Ryan Harkin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> FYI, in the latest Juno motherboard firmware [1], I have a file called
>> "blank.img" in the NOR flash at address 0x0BFC0000 that represents the UEFI
>> (and now u-boot) config area at the end of the NOR flash.
>>
>> I mostly put this there so that you can "touch blank.img" to erase the
>> config, but also to show that the region is reserved to anyone who might
>> think about putting something there.
>
> Then it is safe to enable NOR flash and AFS in the kernel.

*No*, not on Juno. If we need to enable them for other platforms, then
we should either disable NOR flash in DT(or even remove it completely
whichever is appropriate).

Since idle is enable in defconfig and if DT has idle states, then it
can't boot for the reason I previously mentioned.

-- 
Regards,
Sudeep