Subject: [PATCH] ARM: tegra: Enable CPUFreq support for Tegra124 Chromebooks

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hunter)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 12:16:40 +0000

On 15/09/15 10:00, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On 15 September 2015 at 10:12, Thierry Reding <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 03:40:45PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>>> On 13 July 2015 at 15:08, Jon Hunter <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> On 03/06/15 12:44, Jon Hunter wrote:
>>>>> Adding LAKML. Jon
>>>>>
>>>>> On 03/06/15 12:43, Jon Hunter wrote:
>>>>>> Add the device-tree DFLL clock node and CPU regulator phandle for
>>>>>> tegra124 chromebooks to enable CPUFreq support on these boards.
>>>
>>> Ping.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sorry that this has gone unnoticed for so long. I've applied it now to
>> the for-4.4/dt branch.
>>
>> Tomeu, do you want me to add your Tested-by, Reviewed-by or Acked-by
>> before I push this out?
> 
> I haven't done proper tests, but I have tested for several weeks a
> branch containing these changes on a nyan-big and have found no
> issues.
> 
> You can add my Reviewed-by though. Sorry for not having made this clear.

I have noticed that system suspend to LP1 is not working on the nyan-big
with linux-next and never exits suspend. It appears that this patch is
the culprit. I tested cpufreq was changing the frequency as expected but
I did not test suspend.

I have tested suspend on the jetson-tk1 with linux-next that also has
cpufreq enabled and do not see any problems.

Adding Mikko ... Mikko do you know of any reason why cpufreq could cause
problems with suspend? I am guessing it is to do with the different
clock used for the CPUs. Any thoughts?

Tomeu, have you tried suspend on a nyan-big with next?

I am testing with "rtcwake -d rtc1 -m mem -s 5".

Thierry, we may need to comment out these changes for 4.3 or revert this
patch altogether.

Cheers
Jon