Subject: [Linaro-acpi] [PATCH V1 11/11] arm64, pci, acpi: Support for ACPI based PCI hostbridge init

From: [email-masked] (Sinan Kaya)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:48:50 -0500

On 11/3/2015 12:43 PM, Sinan Kaya wrote:
> In any case, the hardware document says 32 bit configuration space
> access to the host bridge only. I'll get more clarification.
>
I got confirmation this morning that this chip supports 32 bit access to 
the root complex configuration space. 8/16/32 bits accesses to the 
endpoints are supported.

>>
>> You can probably work around this by using the legacy I/O port method
>> rather than ECAM, if the PCI host bridge itself is functional and just
>> the host bus it is connected to is buggy.
>
>  From the sounds of it, we'll need a quirk for config space. We support
> legacy I/O only to make the endpoints happy. Some endpoints do not get
> initialized if they don't have a BAR address assigned to all the BAR
> resources.

We'll need an MCFG fix up.

-- 
Sinan Kaya
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a 
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project