Subject: [PATCH v3 00/62] Add ACPI support for arm64 on Xen

From: [email-masked] (Shannon Zhao)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:03:04 +0800

On 2015/11/17 19:52, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Shannon,
> 
> On 17/11/15 09:39, shannon.zhao at linaro.org wrote:
>> From: Shannon Zhao <[email-masked]>
>>
>> This patch set adds ACPI support for arm64 on Xen. The design document
>> could be found from [1].
> 
> Thank you for your work on it. I think this series would benefits to be
> split in smaller series.
> 
> I would do a first series which split DT code from common code. So we
> can get this code as soon as possible in Xen, avoid you to spend less
> time rebasing your us to be spammed with 62 patches for each new version.
> 

Sure, I think I can split this patch set in three parts.

First one would be porting the necessary Linux changes of ACPI 5.0~6.0.
It includes:

ACPI 5.0: Add new/changed tables to headers (only changes of Generic
Interrupt and Generic Distributor and some changes already exist)
ACPICA/ARM: ACPI 5.1: Update for MADT changes.
ACPICA: ACPI 6.0: Add changes for MADT table.
ACPICA: ACPI 6.0: Add values for MADT GIC version field
ACPICA/ARM: ACPI 5.1: Update for FADT changes.
ACPICA: ACPI 6.0: Add changes for FADT table
ACPICA/ARM: ACPI 5.1: Update for GTDT table changes.
ACPICA: Headers: Add GTDT flag definitions for the timer subtable.
ACPICA: ACPI 6.0: Add support for STAO table

Second one as you suggest would be the series which split DT codes from
common code.

And the last one would be the series which add ACPI support for Xen on
ARM and prepare the necessary things for Dom0.

How about this way? The order of the first and second can be changed if
you like.

Thanks,
-- 
Shannon