Subject: [PATCH 5/5] iio: adc: New driver for Cirrus Logic EP93xx ADC

From: [email-masked] (Alexander Sverdlin)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 19:27:06 +0100

Hello Jonathan,

On 29/11/15 18:19, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
>> High end models (EP9307, EP9312, EP9315) have TS controller, which can operate
>> > in general purpose ADC mode. In this mode these names are just ball names on the
>> > pinout. They are all the same. There is only one issue -- I have not found any
>> > official numbering for these devices, therefore wanted to expose this naming to
>> > user space. Low end devices (EP9301, EP9302) have same hw block where TS mode is
>> > not advertised, and even though the balls/pins are still named as in TS controller,
>> > they are also referred as ADC0-ADC4 in datasheet. But there are only 5 of them,
>> > so we do not know the numbers for other 3 in the bigger devices.
>> > 
>> > If this is not the purpose of extend_name, I'll drop them.
> It's not.  We've had discussions about either exposing the datasheet names via
> sysfs or perhaps allowing arbitrary labelling but nothing has come of it yet.
> 
> Perhaps in this case clear documentation of the mapping is the way to go in 
> documentation for the driver.

Do you think something like Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-iio-adc-ep93xx is a right
place?

Regards,
Alexander.