Subject: [PATCH v12 04/16] arm64: kvm: allows kvm cpu hotplug

From: [email-masked] (AKASHI Takahiro)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:48:22 +0900

Will,

On 12/12/2015 01:31 AM, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:31:48AM -0800, Geoff Levand wrote:
>> On Thu, 2015-12-03 at 13:58 +0000, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>>> Indeed, this is completely broken (I just reproduced the issue on a
>>> model).
>>
>> There are users out there that want kexec/kdump support.  I think we
>> should remove this patch from the series, replace it with a temporary
>> Kconfig conditional that allows only one of KVM or kexec to be enabled,
>> and merge kexec and kdump support in for 4.5.  This will satisfy users
>> who need kexec but not KVM, like kexec based bootloaders.  Once this
>> KVM hot plug patch is fixed we then merge it, either for 4.5 or 4.6,
>> depending on the timing.
>>
>> I'll prepare and post a v13 series that does the above.
>
> I'm not really keen on merging this based on a "temporary" Kconfig change
> with a promise to have it resolved in the future. Given how long this
> series has been floating around already, I'm not filled with confidence
> at the prospect of waiting for a fixup patch after it's been merged.
>
> Please address the outstanding review comments before reposting.

I'm working hard on addressing Marc's comment on kvm cpu hotplug, and so
can you please review other *main* part of kexec/kdump patches?
Or can I think that 'no comments' is a good sign of your acceptance?

Thanks,
-Takahiro AKASHI

> Will