Subject: [Linaro-acpi] Touching the initrd before paging_init

From: [email-masked] (Jon Masters)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:36:58 -0500

On 12/15/2015 06:19 AM, G Gregory wrote:

<below refers to the GRUB-based approach not the initrd override>

> Tried it, results were not great :-(
> 
> set root='hd0,gpt2'
> insmod acpi
> acpi /DSDT.aml
> linux /Image-leg earlycon=pl011,0xe1010000 console=ttyAMA0 acpi=force root
> =/dev/sda2

<snip>

> [    0.000000] PC is at setup_arch+0xfc/0x564
> [    0.000000] LR is at setup_arch+0xf8/0x564

<snip>

So we unmask SError in setup_arch, which happens now later enough that
it'll come out of the UART where you can see it. However there are still
occasions on some of these early platforms where an unhandled SError can
exist as GRUB exits. I have seen that a number of times on Seattle if
there's a pending error from one of the IO IP blocks on the SoC You
might need a firmware update, but can you also confirm that this
happened reproducibly?

Jon.