Subject: [PATCH] tty: amba-pl011: add support for 32-bit register access for earlycon

From: [email-masked] (Timur Tabi)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:47:56 -0600

Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>> >There was some disagreement about the usage of
>> >access_32b vs uap->port.iotype for determining whether we need 32-bit
>> >accessors or not.
> There was?  I missed that, please send follow-on patches to resolve the
> issue if there is one.

I can submit a patch that provides an alternative implementation, but 
I'm pretty sure Russell won't like it.

For reference:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg19710.html

Russell said that UPIO_MEM is supposed to be literally only 8-bit 
access, but then Peter Hurley posted this:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg19930.html

which you applied.  So my patch would remove access_32b and use 
UPIO_MEM32/UPIO_MEM instead.  It would be a little weird having both 
patches in your tree, I guess.

-- 
Sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the
Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation.