Subject: [PATCH v12 0/18] Add Analogix Core Display Port Driver

From: [email-masked] (Yakir Yang)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 18:48:38 +0800

Hi Heiko,

Sorry for the delay reply ;)

On 01/17/2016 10:25 PM, Heiko Stuebner wrote:
> Hi Yakir,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2016, 15:59:51 schrieb Heiko Stuebner:
>> Am Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2015, 20:25:38 schrieb Yakir Yang:
>>>     The Samsung Exynos eDP controller and Rockchip RK3288 eDP controller
>>>
>>> share the same IP, so a lot of parts can be re-used. I split the common
>>> code into bridge directory, then rk3288 and exynos only need to keep
>>> some platform code. Cause I can't find the exact IP name of exynos dp
>>> controller, so I decide to name dp core driver with "analogix" which I
>>> find in rk3288 eDP TRM
>> could you rebase your patches on top of Dave's drm-next branch [0] please?
>> The exynos part got some const attributes for the *_func_ops structs and
>> drm_encoder_init got an additional parameter.
Sure
>> I'm still hoping that we can get this finally committed once 4.5-rc1 is
>> released in 1.5 weeks :-) .
>>
>> I did try to merge things together [1], the system at least comes up and
>> detects the panel (EDID is read correctly and it turns the backlight on)
>> but I don't see any output on the display - hdmi works fine though and
>> X11 is claiming everything to be fine in both cases.
Hmmm.... I would double check in my side.
>> So I don't know yet if I made a mistake when putting this together or
>> there is an issue on the driver-side.
> I was able to debug this a bit more, and it seems the encoder_helper_funcs
> don't like the prepare/commit callbacks and like enable better.
Ah..... Yep, Atomic helper seems wouldn't call the prepaer/commit, 
instead we can use the enbale/disable helper functions.
> So when I do something similar to Marks patch a8eef71d38da ("drm/rockchip:
> dw_hdmi: use encoder enable function"), like in the attached patch (to be
> folded into the original addition of those functions), I get display output
> again.

Thanks for your patient debug, I would send the new version out soon  ;)

- Yakir
>
> Heiko
>
>> [0] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-next
>> [1] https://github.com/mmind/linux-rockchip/tree/tmp/analogixdp_v12-veyron
>> I left out patch16, per your talk with Jingoo and me not seeing any AUX
>> CH errors without it.