Subject: [PATCH V2 2/2] regulator: mt6323: Add support for MT6323 regulator

From: [email-masked] (John Crispin)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:13:28 +0100

On 25/01/2016 13:35, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 01:19:46PM +0100, John Crispin wrote:
>> On 25/01/2016 13:11, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
> 
>>> You don't have a .of_match table but according the DT bindings, the
>>> compatible string "mediatek,mt6323-regulator" should be used so there
>>> should be a OF match table or the vendor prefix of the compatible
>>> string won't be used for matching (i.e: fallbacks to the driver .name
>>> for match).
> 
>> the driver is probed via drivers/mfd/mt6397-core.c and does not require
>> the OF match table. It loads fine just like the mt6397 driver.
> 
> That's fine but you shouldn't have the compatible string in your binding
> document since it's not actually used or needed.
> 
Hi,

correct me if i am wrong but if we remove the compatible string from the
binding document, then we will also have to remove it from the dts and
then the kernel won't be able to match the node to the driver and thus
the regulator phandle derefs will fail.

	John