Subject: [PATCH v4 0/9] Add STM32 pinctrl/GPIO driver

From: [email-masked] (Maxime Coquelin)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:59:28 +0100

On 01/27/2016 02:20 PM, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Maxime Coquelin
> <[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
>> >This is the fourth round of STM32 pinctrl series, which takes into
>> >account comments made by Patrice on patch 4.
> I have applied patch 2 and 4 to the pinctrl tree.

Just tried to compile your devel branch, and it breaks:

   CC      drivers/pinctrl/stm32/pinctrl-stm32f429.o
drivers/pinctrl/stm32/pinctrl-stm32.c: In function 
'stm32_gpiolib_register_bank':
drivers/pinctrl/stm32/pinctrl-stm32.c:692:17: error: 'struct gpio_chip' 
has no member named 'dev'
   bank->gpio_chip.dev = dev;
                  ^
make[3]: *** [drivers/pinctrl/stm32/pinctrl-stm32.o] Error 1

This is due to the field renaming you did in gpio_chip struct:
58383c7 gpio: change member .dev to .parent

How do you prefer to proceed?
Should I send a fix on top of your devel branch, or you will fix it 
directly?

Thanks,
Maxime