Subject: [PATCH] ARM: dts: porter: add MAX3355 support

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 23:49:42 +0300

On 01/29/2016 11:28 PM, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

>>> From: linux-renesas-soc-owner at vger.kernel.org
>>> [mailto:linux-renesas-soc-owner at vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Sergei
>>> Shtylyov
>>> Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:14 AM
>>>
>>> Now that Maxim Integrated MAX3355 'extcon' driver and device tree bindings
>>> are upstream along with the 'extcon' hook  in the Renesas USBHS driver, we
>>> can add  MAX3355 device node to  the Porter device tree and properly refer
>>> to it from the USBHS node instead of using  "renesas,enable-gpio" property
>>> which only allowed checking the USB ID pin  at the driver probe time;  now
>>> this  pin's  state can be monitored dynamically!
>>>
>>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
>>
>> I tested this patch on Porter, but interrupt of "usb-otg" didn't happened
>> even if I connected/disconnected a usb convert cable (usb micro-ab to A).
>> Remarks: I confirmed that the usb convert cable worked correctly on other
>> board.
>
>     I guess I have the same cable

    No, I have mini-AB connector here and hence my cable is mini-AB to A.

> and IRQs do happen for me when I connect and
> disconnect it (as it should be).

>> Best regards,
>> Yoshihiro Shimoda

MBR, Sergei