Subject: [rtc-linux] Re: [PATCH v4 00/10] rtc: max77686: Extend driver and add max77802 support

From: [email-masked] (Krzysztof Kozlowski)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:11:00 +0900

W dniu 31.01.2016 o 21:05, Alexandre Belloni pisze:
> Hi,
> 
> On 27/01/2016 at 00:36:36 -0300, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote :
>> Hello,
>>
>> On a recent disussion [0] with Krzysztof Kozlowski and Laxman Dewangan,
>> we came to the conclusion that the max77686 and max77802 RTC are almost
>> the same with only a few differences so there shouldn't be two separate
>> drivers and is better to extend max77686 driver and delete rtc-max77802.
>>
>> By making the driver more generic, other RTC IP blocks from Maxim PMICs
>> could be supported as well like the max77620.
>>
>> This is a v4 of a series that do this, that address issues pointed out
>> in the latest version. The v1, v2 and v3 can be found at [1], [2], [3].
>>
>> I've tested this patch-set on an Exynos5800 Peach Pi Chromebook that has
>> a max77802 PMIC and the RTC was working correctly. Krzysztof Kozlowski
>> tested v3 on an max77686 but this version only has cosmetic changes so
>> it should not cause any functionality changes.
>>
>> [0]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg110348.html
>> [1]: https://lwn.net/Articles/672568/
>> [2]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/1/25/767
>> [3]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/1/26/787
>>
> 
> I've applied patches 1 to 8 and I'll discussed with Arnd and Olof about
> what I should do with the defconfig changes.

To avoid conflicts they could go through samsung-soc tree. I could pick
them if you provide me a tag with rest of patchset (dependencies).

Would that be okay for you?

Best regards,
Krzysztof