Subject: [PATCH] ARM: dts: porter: add MAX3355 support

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:54:48 +0300

Hello.

On 02/01/2016 02:17 PM, Yoshihiro Shimoda wrote:

>>>>> From: linux-renesas-soc-owner at vger.kernel.org
>>>>> [mailto:linux-renesas-soc-owner at vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Sergei
>>>>> Shtylyov
>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:14 AM
>>>>>
>>>>> Now that Maxim Integrated MAX3355 'extcon' driver and device tree bindings
>>>>> are upstream along with the 'extcon' hook  in the Renesas USBHS driver, we
>>>>> can add  MAX3355 device node to  the Porter device tree and properly refer
>>>>> to it from the USBHS node instead of using  "renesas,enable-gpio" property
>>>>> which only allowed checking the USB ID pin  at the driver probe time;  now
>>>>> this  pin's  state can be monitored dynamically!
>>>>>
>>>>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
>>>>
>>>> I tested this patch on Porter, but interrupt of "usb-otg" didn't happened
>>>> even if I connected/disconnected a usb convert cable (usb micro-ab to A).
>>>> Remarks: I confirmed that the usb convert cable worked correctly on other
>>>> board.
>>>
>>>      I guess I have the same cable
>>
>>      No, I have mini-AB connector here and hence my cable is mini-AB to A.
>
> I checked Porter specification and then I found 2 specifications exist...

    I've looked thru my schematics files and found 3: Rev. 1.1 Update Version 
2, "PORTER_2" Rev. 3.0 Preliminary, and "PORTER_C" Rev. 3.0 Release version!
I'm not sure which of the last 2 should be considered final...

>   Porter "B" : mini AB connecter and Max3355 is on the board.
>   Porter "C" : micro AB connect and Max3355 is not on the board. (Select host/peripheral by a jumper.)

    Yeah, seeing JP13 in the PORTER_C schematics.

> I guess that your current target is "B".

    If not earlier. It actually has "Henninger B REV2" printed on it and 
"Porter PCB 1 R3" on a pasted sticker.

> If so, I think this patch is acceptable.

    I'm not so sure now...

> Best regards,
> Yoshihiro Shimoda

MBR, Sergei