Subject: [PATCH] of/irq: Fix msi-map calculation for nonzero rid-base

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:32:12 +0000

On 11/02/16 23:15, Rob Herring wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 09/02/16 11:04, Robin Murphy wrote:
>>> The existing msi-map code is fine for shifting the entire RID space
>>> upwards, but attempting finer-grained remapping reveals a bug. It turns
>>> out that we are mistakenly treating the msi-base part as an offset, not
>>> as a new base to remap onto, so things get squiffy when rid-base is
>>> nonzero. Fix this, and at the same time add a sanity check against
>>> having msi-map-mask clash with a nonzero rid-base, as that's another
>>> thing one can easily get wrong.
>>>
>>> CC: <[email-masked]>
>>> Signed-off-by: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Rob, Frank,
>>
>> Are you willing to take this one through the OF tree? Or should we route
>> it through the IRQ tree? It'd be good if it make it into 4.5.
> 
> Applied for 4.5. ATM, I don't have anything else to send to Linus.
> I'll give it a week or so if this is not urgent. Or send me a bunch of
> DT binding fixes and you can get it in sooner. ;)

Doesn't really qualify as "a bunch", but how about this one:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/578268/

I had it in mind for 4.6, but the sooner the better!

Thanks,

	M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny...