Subject: [PATCH 3/5] ARM: davinci: da8xx: add cfgchip2 to resources

From: [email-masked] (David Lechner)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 23:57:43 -0500

On 03/15/2016 10:46 PM, David Lechner wrote:
> On 03/15/2016 05:45 PM, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
>>
>>     No, this register is shared b/w MUSB and OHCI. The proper thing to
>> do is to write the PHY driver and let it control this shared register.
>>
>
> OK. I've started working on this. I am looking at using struct usb_phy,
> however, enum usb_phy_type only has USB_PHY_TYPE_UNDEFINED,
> USB_PHY_TYPE_USB2, and USB_PHY_TYPE_USB3. Would it be acceptable to use
> USB_PHY_TYPE_UNDEFINED for the ohci since it is USB 1.1? Or perhaps I
> should use the more generic struct phy for that one?
>

Also, I am not finding any existing data structure to pass the musb 
set_mode function to the phy in either usb_phy or usb_otg. Setting the 
mode (host/peripheral/otg) is done in the same PHY register, so it seems 
like it should be implemented in the new phy driver as well.

I guess I could use a generic phy instead and use phy_set_drvdata() to 
share data between the phy driver and the musb driver. Does this sound 
like a reasonable thing to do?