Subject: [PATCH 2/2] serial: amba-pl011: complete support to ZTE uart

From: [email-masked] (Timur Tabi)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 21:06:04 -0500

Jun Nie wrote:
> That's a fair comment. I suppose all platform need to enable clock for
> the device. For device tree case, we need these code for clock
> enabling.

But why do you need to enable the clock?  The pl011 driver works fine 
for every platform without your patch.  If the ZTE platform needs to 
call clk_get() in order to work, than that is something different about 
your platform.

> For ACPI case, it may be handled automatically. If you agree
> my opinion, I will move these lines to patch 1. Please correct me if I
> am wrong.

I think you need to create a separate patch that adds that call, and 
make sure it's tested by other platforms before it gets accepted.

-- 
Sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the
Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation.