Subject: [PATCH 1/2] ARM: cpuidle: fix !cpuidle_ops[cpu].init case during init

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:09:12 +0200

On 03/30/2016 09:16 AM, Jisheng Zhang wrote:
> Hi Daniel,

[ ... ]

Added Lorenzo and Catalin.

>> Hi Jisheng,
>>
>> this should be handled in the arm_cpuidle_read_ops function.
>>
>
> Thanks for reviewing. After some consideration, I think this patch isn't correct
> There may be platforms which doesn't need the init member at all, although
> currently I don't see such platforms in mainline, So I'll drop this patch
> and send out one v2 only does the optimization.

There is an inconsistency between ARM and ARM64. The 'cpu_get_ops', the 
arm_cpuidle_read_ops from the ARM64 side, returns -EOPNOTSUPP when the 
init function is not there for cpuidle.

I don't think it is a problem, but as ARM/ARM64 are sharing the same 
cpuidle-arm.c driver it would make sense to unify the behavior between 
both archs.

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog