Subject: [PATCH v10 00/17] Add ACPI support for Xen Dom0 on ARM64

From: [email-masked] (Julien Grall)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:34:02 +0100

On 07/04/16 02:39, Shannon Zhao wrote:
> Hi Julien,

Hi Shannon,

> On 2016/4/6 19:32, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi Shannon,
>>
>> On 01/04/2016 16:48, Shannon Zhao wrote:
>>> This patch set adds ACPI support for Xen Dom0 on ARM64. The relevant Xen
>>> ACPI on ARM64 design document could be found from [1].
>>>
>>> This patch set adds a new FDT node "uefi" under /hypervisor to pass UEFI
>>> information. Introduce a bus notifier of AMBA and Platform bus to map
>>> the new added device's MMIO space. Make Xen domain use
>>> xlated_setup_gnttab_pages to setup grant table and a new hypercall to
>>> get event-channel irq.
>>>
>>> Regarding the initialization flow of Linux kernel, it needs to move
>>> xen_early_init() before efi_init(). Then xen_early_init() will check
>>> whether it runs on Xen through the /hypervisor node and efi_init() will
>>> call a new function fdt_find_xen_uefi_params(), to parse those
>>> xen,uefi-* parameters just like the existing efi_get_fdt_params().
>>>
>>> And in arm64_enable_runtime_services() it will check whether it runs on
>>> Xen and call another new function xen_efi_runtime_setup() to setup
>>> runtime service instead of efi_native_runtime_setup(). The
>>> xen_efi_runtime_setup() will assign the runtime function pointers with
>>> the functions of driver/xen/efi.c.
>>>
>>> And since we pass a /hypervisor node and a /chosen node to Dom0, it
>>> needs to check whether the DTS only contains a /hypervisor node and a
>>> /chosen node in acpi_boot_table_init().
>>>
>>> Patches are tested on FVP base model. They can be fetched from[2].
>>
>> I have tested this series and Linux is booting up to the prompt:
>>
>> Tested-by: Julien Grall <[email-masked]>
> Thanks a lot. There are several patches which you didn't give your
> comments. So I assume you will review them. If so, I'll wait and update
> this series later.

I don't have any comments on those patches. You can go ahead to update 
the patch series.

Regards,

-- 
Julien Grall