Subject: [PATCH 00/30] ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod module clock type support

From: [email-masked] (Tero Kristo)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 16:55:28 +0300

On 04/11/2016 08:40 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nice to see this moving along :)
>
> * Tero Kristo <[email-masked]> [160411 01:20]:
>>
>> The ordering on this set is kind of tricky to avoid any boot issues,
>> and it still currently causes a boot breakage between the DTS data
>> introduction and removal of hwmod data; this generates duplicate
>> entries for clocks which is prone to cause issues (both DT and hwmod
>> have the same entries in place under the hwmod data is removed.) I
>> didn't quite figure out a good way to avoid this, and could use some
>> guidance here. Shall we squash the DT + hwmod data patches together?
>> This avoids the boot breakage but creates pretty large patches. Also,
>> AMx3xx data needs to be grouped together as part of their data is
>> re-used commonly by both SoCs.
>
> How about use clocks from dts if clocks property is defined? Otherwise
> fall back to the old static data. Then drop the static data later on
> with follow up patches.

The underlying issue is the hardcoded names of hwmod clocks within hwmod 
data. I think I figured out a fix for this, I am adding a few patches to 
this series to lookup main_clk based on the hwmod name itself. This 
allows re-directing the main_clk to the DT module clock in case one is 
available for the hwmod. The bisect issues seem to be gone with this 
also, I need to cleanup the patches a bit and re-post.

-Tero