Subject: [PATCH] ARM: mach-imx: sdhci-esdhc-imx: initialize DMA mask

From: [email-masked] (Alexandre Courbot)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:02:43 +0900

On 04/13/2016 12:31 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 09:25:04PM +0900, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
>> Clearly these devices need to be fixed. If we want to give them a grace
>> period, we could also (temporarily) not propagate the return value of
>> dma_set_mask_and_coherent() and limit ourselves to emitting a big warning
>> about the inconsistency of having SDHCI_USE_SDMA/SDHCI_USE_ADMA in the host
>> flags while not setting a dma mask.
>
> Isn't it just easier to fix the root problem?  It'll be one patch.
>
> There's no need to add churn by changing sdhci stuff, then fixing the
> imx stuff, and then reverting the sdhci changes.

I think Adrian was concerned that other SDHCI drivers might unknowingly 
be in the same case. That being said I am also in favor of fixing the 
root issue instead of adding temporary glue that we might eventually 
forget to remove...

How long it will take for everyone to fix their drivers is another 
question, since the device doesn't clearly break, but falls back to a 
degraded mode with a warning.