Subject: [PATCH V6 09/13] pci, acpi: Support for ACPI based generic PCI host controller

From: [email-masked] (Jon Masters)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 11:23:39 -0400

On 04/22/2016 10:40 AM, Jon Masters wrote:
> On 04/21/2016 05:06 AM, Tomasz Nowicki wrote:
>> On 20.04.2016 21:12, Jayachandran C wrote:
>>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Tomasz Nowicki <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>>>> This patch is heavily based on the updated version from Jayachandran C:
>>>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/4/11/908
>>>> git: https://github.com/jchandra-brcm/linux/ (arm64-acpi-pci-v3)
>>>
>>> This is a little bit unusual because I had not posted the v3 patch
>>> to the mailing list yet, but you posted a variant of it The git
>>> repository
>>> should not be in the commit comment because it is a temporary location.
>>
>> We all agree this too important for everybody to delay this series. So
>> main motivation is to keep all discussion&patches within one unified
>> series. I would like to finally find direction we need to go. Stating
>> another discussion based on my previous patch set v5 confused people,
>> they do no know who is driving this. Again, lets cooperate to move it
>> forward within one patch set.
> 
> We need one person in the driver's seat here for this patch series. I
> believe the intention is that this is Tomasz, with others cooperating
> and assisting. The previous alternative patch series did serve to cause
> confusion, and worse, they made it look like the ARM vendors can't work
> together. That ends. Right now. I've raised this individually with each
> of you (and with all of the other vendors), as well as inside Linaro.
> There will be one person driving this, and everyone else will help.

As a quick update, since yesterday I have confirmed that several
different microarchitecture implementations (different PCIe) have tested
and validated this patch series. Those minimally include:

* Cavium Networks ThunderX
* Qualcomm Technologies Inc QDF2XXX
* AMD A1100 ("Seattle")

Another is working on testing over the weekend. Still waiting for an ARM
tested-by on Juno I think. I will personally be testing this and future
releases on all of the above mentioned hw.

Jon.

-- 
Computer Architect | Sent from my Fedora powered laptop