Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] scpi: Add SCPI framework to handle vendors variants

From: [email-masked] (Sudeep Holla)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:10:45 +0100

On 30/05/16 09:30, Neil Armstrong wrote:
> On 05/27/2016 10:17 AM, Neil Armstrong wrote:

[..]

>
> While looking for other ARMv8 based platform, I found that the RK3368
> platform has the same SCPI implementation as Amlogic.
>
> They extended it with DDR, system and thermal commands.
>
> Look at :
> https://github.com/geekboxzone/mmallow_kernel/blob/geekbox/drivers/mailbox/scpi_cmd.h
>
>https://github.com/geekboxzone/mmallow_kernel/blob/geekbox/drivers/mailbox/scpi_protocol.c
>

> So the SCPI must have a framework to allow different protocol
> versions, and must allow command extension. Grouping Rockchip and
> Amlogic should be done, thus needing a generic name like vendor_scpi
> or with a version.
>

Makes sense. I understand the need to reuse and I need a bit of time to
have a look at the code(both Amlogic one's you have pointed out and the
Rockchip one) in detail to see what's the best way to proceed. I will
have a look at this later this week and get back to you.

> Sudeep, could you somehow find out which version of the protocol
> AmLogic and Rockchip based their SCPI development ?
>

Yes I tried checking with Rockchip but didn't get a response. But my
guess is that it was some preliminary unpublished version of SCPI
unfortunately :(

-- 
Regards,
Sudeep