Subject: [PATCH 2/5] clk: Combine DT binding doc for max77686 and max77802

From: [email-masked] (Krzysztof Kozlowski)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 11:34:50 +0200

On 06/15/2016 05:19 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
>> Remove the separate DT binding document file for maxim,max77802 and
>> move all information to maxim,max77686 DT binding document.
>>
> 
> Now, I wonder if this is the correct approach. A system integrator is
> probably going to search for the bindings of the chip that is present
> in their system. For example there are different DT bindings docs for
> both the max77686 and max77802 PMIC even when support is implemented
> by the same driver (drivers/mfd/max77686.c).
> 
> But maybe I'm wrong so I'll let people with more DT experience to say
> if merging the bindings docs in a single one is the correct approach.

I personally prefer having one binding document for all devices because
essentially it is almost the same device. For looking up I use git grep
with compatible string (or device name) so it does not matter, IMHO.

Best regards,
Krzysztof