Subject: [PATCH] clocksource: arm_arch_timer: control the evtstrm via the cmdline

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:02:40 +0200

On 06/27/2016 06:30 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
> Disabling the eventstream can be useful for both remotely debugging a
> deployed production system and development of code using WFE-based
> polling loops. Whilst this can currently be controlled via a Kconfig
> option (CONFIG_ARM_ARCH_TIMER_EVTSTREAM), it's often desirable to toggle
> the feature on the command line, so this patch adds a new command-line
> option ("clocksource.arm_arch_timer.evtstrm") to do just that. The
> default behaviour is determined based on CONFIG_ARM_ARCH_TIMER_EVTSTREAM.
>
> Cc: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
> ---

Sounds good for me. I will take it through my tree.

By the way, I would like to do some cleanups in the Kconfig and 
consistently change the Kconfig options to be silent without the 
COMPILE_TEST option.

I am wondering if we can just remove the ARM_ARCH_TIMER_EVTSTREAM option 
with this patch applied and always enable it by default (like what is 
done today).

   -- Daniel

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog