Subject: [PATCH] arm64: defconfig: Enable QDF2432 config options

From: [email-masked] (Timur Tabi)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 10:11:00 -0500

Christopher Covington wrote:
> Due to distribution differences [1][2], I see =y built-in as the default
> on mobile platforms and =m modular as the default on server platforms.

I don't think we should mix "server" defconfing entries with "mobile" 
defconfig entries.  It's a arm64 defconfig, neither server nor mobile. 
The other entries are =y, so these should be =y

No one uses this defconfig as-is for any platform.

> But thinking about it, we could get a poweroff, reset, over-temperature,
> or other interrupt before we get to the initramfs. So the pin controller
> driver should be =y built-in.
>
> One might make rootfs media =y built-in to make testing easier, but I
> prefer to put my rootfs on SATA, as SD/MMC is much slower and smaller by
> comparison.

Let's not overthink things, and just make *everything* =y by default.

-- 
Sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the
Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation.