Subject: [PATCH v2 0/8] ARM: V7M: Support caches

From: [email-masked] (Vladimir Murzin)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 15:57:34 +0100

On 18/08/16 15:53, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 01:45:52PM +0100, Vladimir Murzin wrote:
>> This patch set allows M-class cpus benefit of optional cache support.
>> It originally was written by Jonny, I've been keeping it locally mainly
>> rebasing over Linux versions.
>>
>> The original idea behind patches was to reuse existing cache handling
>> code from v7A/R with help of extra macros to factor out cache handling
>> logic (v7M cache operations are provided via memory mapped interface
>> rather than co-processor instructions).
>> However, that idea was rejected and starting form this (v2) version
>> V7M cache logic lives into file and macros to indirect memory-mapped
>> operations stay there locally since they make it easier to follow the
>> code.
>>
>> Along with the v7M cache support the first user (Cortex-M7) is
>> introduced.
>>
>> Patches were tested on MPS2 platform with Cortex-M3/M4/M7. The later
>> one showed significant boot speed-up.
> 
>>>From a quick read through, the approach looks sane, and I think I'm
> now happy with these.
> 

Thanks!

Is it acceptable if patches hang on a list for awhile, so people (I'm
looking at Alex and  Szemz?) can test them?

Vladimir

> Thanks.