Subject: [PATCH] fixup! arm64: kdump: add kdump support

From: [email-masked] (James Morse)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:34:48 +0100

On 19/08/16 09:00, Pratyush Anand wrote:
> On 17/08/2016:04:33:31 PM, James Morse wrote:
>> copy_oldmem_page() and mmap_vmcore() provide two ways for userspace to read
>> from /proc/vmcore. Neither of these check with memblock to see if the page
>> they are accessing is nomap. On Seattle this causes:
> 
> Thanks for the patch.It did resolve the kernel crash issue with makedumpfile,
> however neither there was any data in vmcore-dmesg nor crash utility was able to
> work the saved vmcore.

vmcore-dmesg doesn't work for me, but crash did once I'd rebuilt it from the
most recent source.

The most recent commit I have is:
b349598bb755 ("Fix for the ARM64 "bt -R <symbol>" option if the only reference")

Are you using an older version?

Thanks,

James

[0] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2016-August/447597.html