Subject: [PATCH v2 1/5] ARM: memory: da8xx-ddrctl: new driver

From: [email-masked] (Frank Rowand)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 10:13:01 -0800

On 11/22/16 21:55, Sekhar Nori wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 November 2016 11:51 PM, Frank Rowand wrote:
>> Please note that the compatible property might contain several strings, not just
>> a single string.
> 
> So I guess the best thing to do is to use
> of_property_read_string_index() and print the sting at index 0.
> 
> Thanks,
> Sekhar

If you want to print just one compatible value, you could use that method.

To give all of the information needed to understand the problem, the error
message would need to include all of the strings contained in the compatible
property and all of the .board values in the da8xx_ddrctl_board_confs[] array
(currently only one entry, but coded to allow additional entries in the
future).

It is hard to justify an error message that complex.

I would just print an error that no match was found.

-Frank