Subject: [PATCH 14/14] arm64: pmuv3: use arm_pmu ACPI framework

From: [email-masked] (Hanjun Guo)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:40:46 +0800

On 2017/3/14 18:51, Mark Rutland wrote:
> Hi Ganapatrao,
>
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 11:30:17AM +0530, Ganapatrao Kulkarni wrote:
>>> +int __init armv8_pmu_driver_init(void)
>>> +{
>>> +       if (acpi_disabled)
>>> +               return platform_driver_register(&armv8_pmu_driver);
>>> +       else
>>> +               return arm_pmu_acpi_probe(armv8_pmuv3_init);
>> i think this function needs to be updated to
>> probe SoC specific init (armv8_a53_pmu_init, armv8_vulcan_pmu_init
>> etc)  as well.
> Only exposing generic PMUv3 here was a deliberate decision, based on
> prior discussions, so as to keep things consistent on ACPI platforms
> regardless of which CPU types the PMU code is immediately aware of.
>
> I should have documented this better; sorry about that.
>
> All events which can be enumerated via the PMU ID registers will be
> exposed via sysfs.
>
> Other events (e.g. those which are implementation defined) will not be
> exposed via sysfs, but can still be used as raw events.

Hmm, this means inconsistency of pmu events for system booted with
ACPI and DT (DT may represent more events), is there any plan to support
events not in generic PMUv3 for further steps in the future?

Thanks
Hanjun