Subject: [PATCH v4 0/5] iio: ADC driver for EP93xx SoC

From: [email-masked] (Ryan Mallon)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 06:29:08 +1000

On 22/05/17 00:03, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On 17/05/17 18:13, Alexander Sverdlin wrote:
>> This series prepares the necessary infrastructure for ADC platform
>> device on
>> Cirrus Logic EP93xx family of SoCs and adds the driver for ADC device
>> using
>> IIO subsystem.
> Hartley, Ryan,
> 
> How do you want to handle taking this series forward.
> Clearly we have a few arch specific bits and then the driver which
> is dependent on some of them.

I no longer maintain an ep93xx tree because the architecture gets very
few patches now. Patches should go via the arm-soc tree, which is
maintained by (I believe) Arnd and Olaf.

> 
> I'm happy to take the lot through the IIO tree, but will be wanting
> a few acks.

Sure, the series looks fine to me. For the ep93xx specific bits:

Acked-by: Ryan Mallon <[email-masked]>

> I'm interested to note how few implementations there are of clk_get_parent
> in tree.  Any comments on that little bit of the code would be
> particularly welcome.

The ep93xx architecture is old and obsolete. Because of this, and the
relatively few number of people developing for it and with hardware to
test, it hasn't gotten upgraded to some of the more modern kernel apis
like the common clock framework.

It probably isn't too difficult to move ep93xx to the common clock
framework, but it is a separate change and I don't think Alexander
should have to do it as a prerequisite to getting this adc support merged.

~Ryan