Subject: [PATCH 0/9] constify amba_id

From: [email-masked] (arvind)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 23:29:40 +0530

Hi,

On Friday 25 August 2017 09:50 PM, Mathieu Poirier wrote:
> On 24 August 2017 at 10:35, Arvind Yadav <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> amba_id are not supposed to change at runtime. All functions
>> working with const amba_id. So mark the non-const structs as const.
> The real explanation here is that coresight IDs are only referenced in
> the amba driver declaration where the "id_table" field of struct
> amba_driver is a const.  Given the widespread usage of the pattern I
> would have expected this set to be part of a wide effort.  Also did
> you find this manually or by using a tool?  If so please provide a
> description of what that tool is.
I am not using any tools. I have push same change for other subsystem.
So I thought to change coresight ids.
>
> Thanks,
> Mathieu
>
>> Arvind Yadav (9):
>>    [PATCH 1/9] coresight: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 2/9] coresight: etb10: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 3/9] coresight: etm3x: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 4/9] coresight: etm4x: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 5/9] coresight: funnel: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 6/9] coresight: replicator: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 7/9] coresight: stm: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 8/9] coresight: tmc: constify amba_id
>>    [PATCH 9/9] coresight: tpiu: constify amba_id
>>
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-cpu-debug.c       | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etb10.c           | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm3x.c           | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm4x.c           | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-funnel.c          | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-replicator-qcom.c | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-stm.c             | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-tmc.c             | 2 +-
>>   drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-tpiu.c            | 2 +-
>>   9 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
>>
>> --
>> 2.7.4
>>
~arvind