Subject: Current status about arm64 livepatch support

From: Xiao Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 15:18:31 +0800

Hi Torsten,

Sorry to bother you.

I focus on arm64 livepatch support recently and saw that you have tried
to implement it by:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2018-October/609126.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2018-October/609124.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2018-October/609125.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This patch set seems to be blocked because of some issues, but your
another patch set inlcuding the first one "arm64: implement ftrace with
regs" has been merged into upstream kernel:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2019-February/631104.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2019-February/631107.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2019-February/631105.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2019-February/631106.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2019-February/631114.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you tell me current status about arm64 livepatch support?
For example:
1) Are you(or someone) still working on arm64 livepatch support?
2) Are there some unresolved problems about arm64 livepatch support?
   What are they?
3) Will you send a newer version for arm64 livepatch support recently?

I look forward to your reply. :-)

Best Regards,
Xiao Yang

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel