Subject: [PATCH] ARM: dts: rockchip: reuse firefly dtsi

From: [email-masked] (Heiko Stuebner)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:20:32 +0200

Hi Eddie,

Am Dienstag, 18. April 2017, 20:15:27 CEST schrieb Eddie Cai:
> firefly reload is very similar with firefly board, so reuse firefly dtsi
> 
> Signed-off-by: Eddie Cai <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/rk3288-firefly-reload-core.dtsi | 310 ------------------
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/rk3288-firefly-reload.dts       | 368 ++--------------------

I would disagree and remember having a similar discussion when the reload-
support was initially submitted. Please keep in mind that the firefly-
reload is a som+baseboard combination, so somebody could (or maybe
already has) create a completely different baseboard for the som that
does not have any similarities with the original firefly.
The previous firefly being a real single board.

We also don't combine rock2 and firefly and other boards following the
general rk3288 design guidelines :-) and the original firefly and reload are
very different boards if you look at them.

Heiko