Subject: [RFC] Fix omap3 booting with thumb2 compiled kernel

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 15:19:10 -0700

[ fix email for Dave Martin, +Tyler ]

Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:

> The power management related assembly needs to interact with
> ARM mode bootrom code, so we need to keep most of the related
> assembly in ARM mode.
>
> Currently we are entering into and ARM mode assembly function
> from thumb2 mode, so we need to make sure we switch to ARM
> mode. And we need to do that again after the cache flush.
>
> ---
>
> Kevin told me about this earlier today.. 

And for full boot log/panics, see the kernelci.org thumb2 kernel boots
that fail: http://kernelci.org/boot/?THUMB2_KERNEL&fail

> Anybody got better ideas for a fix here?

FWIW, a quick test of this patch makes my omap3-beagle-xm pass a simple
boot test, but it fails with off idle.

Kevin