Subject: exynos5420/arndale-octa: imprecise external aborts on exynos_defconfig

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:46:14 -0700

Tyler Baker <[email-masked]> writes:

> Exynos5420-based Arndale octa boards have recently started failing boot
> tests due to imprecise external aborts.  This only appears to happen
> when using exynos_defconfig and boots fine with multi_v7_defconfig.  The
> issue seems to be intermittent, so is not reliably reproducable and
> difficult to bisect.  Here are a few boot logs from recent
> mainline/linux-next kernels that are failing:

FYI, I'm seeing the same periodic aborts.  For example, here's my boot
of next-20140910:
http://images.armcloud.us/kernel-ci/next/next-20140910/arm-exynos_defconfig/boot-exynos5420-arndale-octa.html

However, my userspace is much simpler and doesn't seem to cause a panic,
so my boot tests report passing. (I should fixup my scripts so these
imprecise aborts are reported as a FAIL.)

I'm glad you pointed out that it happens only with exynos_defconfig and
not multi_v7_defconfig because I noticed that too.  I haven't had the
time to track it any further than that, so maybe the exynos folks can
help track it down from here.

Thanks for reporting this,

Kevin