Subject: [PATCH] firmware: meson-sm: use generic compatible

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 12:25:30 +0200

Rob Herring <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 03:47:43PM +0200, Jerome Brunet wrote:
>> The meson secure monitor seems to be compatible with more SoCs than
>> initially thought. Let's use the most generic compatible he have in
>> DT instead of the gxbb specific one
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Jerome Brunet <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>>  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/firmware/meson/meson_sm.txt | 4 ++--
>>  drivers/firmware/meson/meson_sm.c                             | 4 ++--
>>  2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>
> Seems like a pointless, not backwards compatible change to me.

I've verified that it's backwards compatible with existing upstream DTs.

> end, it's just a string to match on. Who cares what the string is.

As platform maintiner, I very much care what the strings are and I want
it to be coherent with the platform generic names, and I want the
SoC-specific strings to correspond to the actual SoC names.

Kevin