Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] arm64: dts: meson: S922X: extend cpu opp-points

From: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 11:54:53 -0700

Christian Hewitt <[email-masked]> writes:

>> On 27 Apr 2020, at 1:06 pm, Jerome Brunet <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> On Sun 26 Apr 2020 at 18:21, Tim Lewis <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Add extra cpu pop points to allow mild overclock on S922X. The opp
>>> points are found in Hardkernel N2 sources [1] and testing shows no
>>> obvious issues on other S922X devices. Thermal throttling should
>>> keep things in-check if needed.
>> 
>> The Odroid-N2 has a massive heatsink mounted.
>> Do we have any idea if this applies (is safe) on any other S922x
>> device ?
>
> I’ve tested it on several S922X box devices that I have, and also the
> original S922X version of the VIM3 - all have similar sized passive
> heatsinks about 20% the size of the N2 one. No obvious issues with
> Kodi software decoding to increase CPU usage. NB: The original patch
> submission was N2 specific and then reworked to apply to all S922X
> devices at Neil’s suggestion (after my TB and earlier comments).

Yes, we also have OPP lowering enabled by default (which I think Neil
mentioned earlier) so this should be safe (enough) to apply.

Queuing for v5.8,

Kevin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel