Subject: [PATCH v9 4/6] ARM: Exynos: switch to using generic cpufreq driver for Exynos4210/5250/5420

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 06:30:13 -0700

Thomas Abraham <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Thomas Abraham <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> A new branch [1] has been created using commits from exynos5-v3.17-rc1
>>> branch + cpufreq + regulator + temp fixes. I have tested this branch
>>> on Exynos5800 Chromebook2 and cpufreq works fine with both ondemand
>>> and performance governors. Please let me know if there are any issues
>>> with this new branch. It is based on v3.17-rc3.
>>
>> Excellent!  Thank you.
>>
>> The only thing missing now is the CPUidle support for 5800, and all
>> that's needed for that is the compatible string patch[1] which Daniel
>> has queued up.
>>
>> With that patch, display + CPUidle + CPUfreq are working pretty well on
>> my exynos5800/chromebook2 with the big.LITTLE switcher disabled.  If I
>> turn on the switcher, it boots OK, but as soon as I try to run powertop
>> (upstream v2.6.1) it gets stuck.  Have you tried this branch with the
>> switcher enabled?
>
> Yes, I have tested switcher + cpufreq + cpuidle with this branch and
> there are no issues found. I haven't tested with powertop yet. I will
> try and do that and let you know the result.
>
> You mentioned that when you run powertop, it gets stuck. When that
> happens, is there any log on the console or does system just turn
> unresponsive?

The console is not responsive, but kernel seems busy because I see
periodic timeout messages from the samsung clock driver.

Note that I see these messages when things are functioning normally
also.

Kevin

[1]
[  337.832031] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  337.847024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  337.862024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  337.957028] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  337.972024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  337.987024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  340.082029] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  340.097024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  340.112024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  346.242030] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  346.257024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  346.272024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  348.322029] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  348.337025] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization
[  348.352024] wait_until_divider_stable: timeout in divider stablization