Subject: [PATCH v9 0/2] Adds PMU and S2R support for exynos5420

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hilman)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 15:59:55 -0700

Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Trying $SUBJECT series on top of kukjin's for-next is working fine, but
> I'm still not able to make it work on linux-next, with or without the
> CLK_IGNORE_UNUSED patch.

Nevermind, turns out I didn't apply the CLK_IGNORE_UNUSED PATCH.  If I
actually apply it, I have it working on top of linux-next.  However, it
seems to have some issues with the nonboot CPUs resuming:

[   11.319833] Enabling non-boot CPUs ...
[   12.319134] CPU1: failed to come online
[   12.319235] Error taking CPU1 up: -5
[   13.319137] CPU2: failed to come online
[   13.319209] Error taking CPU2 up: -5
[   14.319133] CPU3: failed to come online
[   14.319224] Error taking CPU3 up: -5

Are you guys seeing all the non-boot CPUs coming up?  They fail to come
online, but the /sys/devices/.../cpu?/online reports that they are
online, which means the next attempt to hotplug them will probably BUG().

Also, If I turn off the switcher (enabled by default exynos_defconfig),
resume still has problems bringing all the nonboot CPUs online, and then
has a bunch of I2C errors[1].

And one more..., if I try enabling CPUidle[1] with exynos_defconfig, S2R
causes a reboot (seems to be on resume.)

Kevin

[1] 
[   47.644273] cros-ec-spi spi2.0: EC failed to respond in time
[   47.648535] cros-ec-spi spi2.0: spi transfer failed: -110
[   47.653866] tps65090-charger tps65090-charger: tps65090_charger_isr(): Error in reading reg 0xa

[2]
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_ARM_BIG_LITTLE_CPUIDLE=y
CONFIG_ARM_EXYNOS_CPUIDLE=n